Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015


Why Hello Again! 

Dear people, please forgive the long silence. Here followeth a list of excuses and promises for better behaviour in the future. 




About the time that the long blog silence began, I started doing the promotion and administration for artist James Gillick, much like I (try to) do for Wykes Manor. And my own art - but that's another whole story! 

James is one of the country's highest paid painters of still lifes, has a strong client base amongst the rich and famous, and is gaining increasing notoriety in England and worldwide. He painted a portrait of the Hon. Margaret Thatcher when he was just 28 (it's okay, I've got 4 years), as well as the late Pope John Paul II. Not in the same year. Last year his work took him to China and the US. He EVEN has his own Wikipedia page! 
When you know you've made it. Or written it yourself. Is that a thing? 
Anyway, here's a link to his website (which I'm updating at the mo., so bear with)
I recommend a visit if you want to brighten up your day with some beauty. As well as coming here, 'course. 

As his assistant and promoter, my duties currently comprise anything from drafting letters to the Duke of Norfolk, becoming a Photoshop nerdette or trying to look good on Twitter. Lots of desk work and phonecalls. Never has Zumba been so needed. Except for maybe whilst at Cambridge, where the seasons changed and exams came round whilst I stayed glued to my little seat in the Library. 


Not this Duke. 

There will be more running around once the Spring starts, with the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in May, as well as James' solo Exhibitions in June, and then the Burghley Horse Trials in September. In between there is all the organisation for these, done in the main by yours truly #WorkExperience. 

Now if that hashtag hasn't impressed you and got me off the hook, then nothing will! 






No comments:

Post a Comment